Sunday, September 21, 2014

Into the darkness I've sought

Aye, it sounds dark and disturbing already... let me explain.

So, I've always searched for that story that could inspire others. A story with a believable premise, endearing characters, and a dark plot to move my audience. For the last few months I've been working on a story involving some acapella singers and the adventures they are inadvertently thrust into... I liked the characters, particularly Wynan Thatch, but... it still didn't have what I was looking for in a story. I still want to write some short stories on those characters, but it's not what I've been looking for.

For years, I've always tried to come up with a story that could realistically involve furry characters in some way and still have the characters relatable and emotionally compelling. I think... I think I've finally come up with a story that could very possibly happen in real life. A story involving genetic research gone wrong. A man mad with desire who's driven to perform traumatic and extremely painful "genetic therapy" experiments on people.

The base plot is coming together as sort of a dark mystery, almost Lovecraftian in mood but without breaking the feel of true realism. This is a thought experiment... of the kind of person I try to avoid being but is always on the very edge of my mind... would I do it knowing the consequences?

Anyway, let me know your thoughts/questions/concerns. Sorry I don't post often.

~Wes

1 comment:

  1. .
    That's ok, I'll post here for you.
    The world is doomed.
    Jesus is, somehow, in charge.

    Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord, praise ye the Lord.

    .

    ReplyDelete